Sunday, November 25, 2012

The waiting game.....

So the real set back is waiting for parts. I shorted myself some m3 bolts and nuts so I had to order those. I'm still waiting on my Z axis couplers and those should be here on Monday. It gave me a chance to go back over the frame and change a couple things and get it squared up. I have my 10mm rods plumbed up on the motors so the x carriages ride up and down smoothly. So looks like I need to get my heat bed/glass, hot end, power supply, Arduino/Ramps or comparible and finally get some filament ordered to have it ready to go!





Ahhh the Dremmel, it's a fine tool to have on hand in case you need to cut down a bolt. If you do use one, always wear your safety glasses because that little chunk that's about to go flying will find an eye sooner or later. I have some experience there and not fun. Once you cut it down, use a small file to de-burr the end so a nut screws on. Sometime you can run the nut up first before you cut and then after the cut, unscrew the nut and it will basically de-burr the end as well. 











No comments:

Post a Comment