Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Shopping List

When I was reading and reading every online post/ article about the Mendelmax, I got me thinking how I should approach this build. Some Internet companies offer DIY kits, some offer fully assembled kits, and then there are the piece by piece people, that's where I wanted to be. I have always sought out ways to build things, how they work, etc. Once I have this printer completed and have some experience under my belt(its a big belt), I hope to maybe build and sell the printers and or maybe even pieces and parts but that's going to be in the future. I just want to have to fun with this thing! Hopefully will have my parts tomorrow to install the shafts and motors. I will post my parts list and keep adding to it with updated prices as I have purchased.



The Plastic and Extrusions - 3Dfactory
Bearings and Lead Screws - 3Dfactory
8mm / 10mm rod - Mcmaster.com
Belts/Gears/ Hobbed bolt - Lulzbot.com
Hardware- (nuts & bolts) - Mr.Metric.com
Z-Shaft Couplers - Botfarm
5 Nema 17 Motors - YVS







No comments:

Post a Comment