Thursday, November 22, 2012

So I had some time before the Holiday craziness!

Well I was able to construct my y axis table today. Pretty happy about it and was actually impressed with how fast it went. I saved $50 building it as I had the piece of aluminum. I made a cardboard template with my bearing clip locations and when I was ready, taped it to the 1st place and just drilled to mark the metal. I then proceeded to drill all the way through. Here's a tip, 1/8" drill bit works for the 3mm screws to attach the clips.
Yes I know there is a new rail system and would have liked to use that but down the line I will come up with something similar and less costly. Some may say hey your going backwards with your build. It's fine with me so I can learn and progress at my own pace and maybe come up with something different I can put my name to... Ok enough rambling, Have a safe Holiday today! Happy Thanksgiving! Here's a few pics..






Now this is a sexy beast right here!





No comments:

Post a Comment