Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's Christmas Time!

So......
Things have been cooking here. I took the plunge and purchased the rest of my parts so I can get this bad boy fired up and rolling! What kicked off the buying spree was I saw an opportunity to buy the electronics kit for reprapdiscount on ebay. I was going for the Ultimate kit with the LCD display and all but soon realized I was getting pushed to the side from other bidders, fine. I started a different approach. I began making best offers to them but those were rejected. I decided I didn't need the LCD package and went for the next one down. They accepted my offer and I also purchased the MK2 heated bed. I paid on Tuesday and saw that my items shipped on Wed. Nov. 28th at 1:00pm HK time. I checked the tracking and it was in Memphis, TN the next evening at 11:00pm. I woke up Friday morning and it said it was on the truck for delivery by 10:30 am! I had to come home from work to accept it because it required a signature. 9:45 am CST it was at my door in the burbs of Chicago, WOW!





Here's a bunch of  pictures finishing up somethings because I was waiting for some parts.

Belt clips installed


Setting up the heated bed - change mount location to the middle hole by the resistor




Z Coupler installed but I have 5/16 rod because I ordered the wrong ones for my 1/4" Lead Screws


3mm bolts installed and no more temp cable ties!


And we have a X carriage tied in!













No comments:

Post a Comment