Monday, February 25, 2013

And going.... and going...

So I am into my 4th month with my printer. I wish I could say its been a smooth ride but I have had some setbacks. For one thing my .35mm J-Head V-BV came apart somehow and I wasn't able to salvage the PEEK, so there went another $30! Put it back together and failed to see that I needed a piece from the old unit I cut up and had to order a new hollow set screw to hold back the inner tube. I am printing off a new extruder body as I am changing to a micro extruder with a PG35 motor. Its a direct drive unit and as of today am waiting for more parts to show up.... Parts Parts parts..... you never know what you will need and then realize you should have ordered 3!! maybe 4 even..... I have been trying out new colors and the transparent ABS I used really is a show stopper! It printed like a wet dream and I will be buying more of that. I have red but not liking that as it is de-laminating a bit. I currently am using silver and it is turning out really nice. Here are a couple pics of some progress

Not so good Red


Grandma needed a new coffee scoop!
Make one for yourself.. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:51411


New micro Extruder


The spool holder I built



Back of the holder with a beefed up bracket


And the beefed up bracket



And the vampire skull for my son


And finally I actually made a part I designed, well got inspiration for it from another creator. I needed a z-axis end stop clamp and bracket. 









4 comments:

  1. I am trying to source parts for my own MendelMax. Are you happy with the pats from 3Dfactory? Any advice other than what you already have on your blog? Did you purchase the metric parts from Mr.Metric using the standard MendelMax 1.5 BoM or did you purchase from a different list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BoM is up if you are still interested in seeing it

      Delete
  2. Mike from 3Dfactory is great to deal with. I was able to buy the auction and then he printed the color I wanted. You should contact him prior if you choose to do that. I purchased the frame set/ lead screws as well from him. I forgot which BOM I used but I had ordered stuff I didn't even use and then catching stuff I missed so had to order a few more times ;). I plan to update the blog and I will include a BOM of my own. Key points to sourcing yourself. Buy the good motors, stay away from the impostor versions of the J-Head hot end, I'm sure there is more. Feel free to email me with any questions..
    fishnmore46 (at) gmail dot com ... <<< don't want bots filling up my inbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My BoM list is almost completed! I will have it by Thursday!

    FINALLY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete