Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some designs

Things are looking up for the MendelMax! I am 97% there I believe and when I receive my new .35mm hot end, we will hit that 99.9999% mark! I am just not happy with the hot end I have at this time seeing it is a .50mm end and the filament is coming out at .65-.68mm. I understand from others that the metal swells but this may be a little much and it is throwing off some of the seams. At this point, that is not acceptable to me and if I hadn't made the end to "fit" my extruder, it would be on its way back to where I bought it from. ANOTHER lesson learned. I did a little fixing on my Y axis as I installed 2 solid blocks of wood on the edges and took out the 4 aluminum spacers I had there. It just makes it more rigid and less vibrations all around. I am happy I took it apart to fix!

SO here are a few designs I chose to print from thingverse.

YODA

BRAIN SLUG V2

MENDELMAX SKELETAL SPOOL MOUNT

This is printed at a 50% size. Notice the ears have some buggers and at the neck its a little bubbly.



If you notice on the feet, there is some separation of layers and I think this is from the hot end not being what its supposed to be. It will be better once I get the .35mm end. 



and just because I had black plastic in the unit when I first printed a 100% Yoda!



A mishaT version of the spool holder






No comments:

Post a Comment